Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well, it happened...in Dallas

Well, it happened...it snowed in Dallas and I am not singing for the joy of it either. It’s not so much that I don’t like the snow. It has more to do with what the snow brings. Sure, sure the falling of the snowflakes is pretty and bright. Others say they like the quiet of the snow. Typically we don’t even get enough accumulation to have a good snowball fight much less build a snowman.

When it does snow though there are some things I would just as soon avoid like driving. Most local drivers are not prepared to handle the rules of the road required to drive safely under the inclement weather conditions. There is always that one driver who has to go the fastest. They literally fly around all the cautious drivers causing more than one palpitation for this particular driver.

One good thing about the snow is that it makes a good opportunity for such lovely photos. I have seen some great shots posted around the site on Activerain. As for me, I think I will spend the remainder of Sunday afternoon tucked safely in my home with the ones I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment