Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making a Home Available

Today I was reading a blog from ActiveRain regarding 24 Hour Notices on showings. Upfront I would like to say that I agree with the author for the most part, well completely. If a seller wants to sell their home and be proactive about it they will make the home available for the buyers suitable to the buyers’ schedule and not theirs.




But, like everything else in life, there is a but. Once a home is listed circumstances can and do occur that would make it reasonable to block a set period of time or perhaps a day or two. Lots of reasons could happen to make this blocking of time a necessity. The seller or someone in the household might be suffering from an acute illness. Or perhaps the seller needs to make some necessary repairs to the home. I am sure you can think of any number of reasons it might happen.



In Collin County, our local showing service recently introduced a new feature for agents. It is simply called “blocking”. The feature enables the listing agent to block specific dates/times when the seller is just not available to have their homes shown. I like the new feature. I like the ease of using it. I have already had a couple of situations that required the use of the feature. I think it is one more feature that represents a plus for the many services Realtors provide to their sellers.



I am all for the feature of blocking as life happens. I am even more for having sellers who are eager to sell and will be fully cooperative when it comes to showing their homes to potential buyers. In the end I am all for what represnts the best for our sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment